Product details nothing but a stock item. It can be opened by clicking on Product details dialog from tool bar.
What is a Product/Stock Item?
A stock item needs no explanation. However, what needs to be explained is how InventoryPlus uses it. InventoryPlus uses the phrase to include what traditional accountants would call a stock ledger account. All the stock items together would make up the stock ledger. However, InventoryPlus does not use the term stock ledger. So to display a stock ledger, display the Products. You can draw a parallel to ledgers in accounting for stock items in inventory.
How to Creating a Products/Stock Item
This section deals with creation of basic stock
Give the name of the stock item. Here we wish to create an item Sony Disks 3.5".
Give the alternate name for Products. Here we wish to call Sony Disks 3.5 as sd 3.5". This field can be searched while selling
Manage item with unique code, this help to search item quickly, Ex. 001, 002 etc. This field can be searched
Barcode: Item barcode should be updated in this field, Barcode entered in this field will be used for barcode scanning. If there is no barcode available then click on button next to field to generate the random barcode number first time, Generate barcode button will be hidden if barcode already entered.
Type of packing of Products, This field will be used in sale bill. Ex. 250gm, 180ML, 500ML Etc,. If you have the item with multiple packing then it is better to have name ends with packing, Ex. Sugar 250gms, Sugar 500Gms etc in Name field.
Specify the stock handling group which belongs to. Default group is Primary and it used to manage stock by qty. If you want to manage stock by batch number then select the appropriate groups, If desired group does not exists make sure to create the required stock configuration groups by visiting Group Details option from main menu. If you want to manage the stock or expire date then this is the main setting need to be configured properly, Visit more details for Stock Group topic
Unit of measure
Give the unit of measurement of the item here. You would normally use this unit for trading in this item.
Unique Identification number of product. This label can be changed using Settings -> Company Data -> General and Label Info. Outside India It is SKU.
Enter the Selling Rate used in Sales Bill, Enter the Rate of Tax used to calculate while billing. select the Tax used to post tax amount to selected ledger in billing time. Multiple selling rate and tax can be configured using Settings -> Company details tab's Manage sales selling rate and tax section. Tax Included option will be used if sales rate included tax amount and it will be considered as before tax.
Specify the Category to which it belongs. The different groups that we had created were Sony, Dell and HP. These as well as Primary would appear in the list. Select 'Sony' from the list. Categorize/grouping would enable easy location and reporting of stock items in statements. Hence, items of a particular brand can be grouped together so that you can extract stock of all items of that brand.
Updating the Opening Quantity of products as on starting the software or starting financial year :
Click On Opening Qty tab-> Give the Opening stock quantity of the item here. Tab Opening Qty will be visible/activated if selected group stock managing mode set to Batch wise stock or quantity wise stock. This tab will be visible when select the product or select the Group which support the stock handling.
Enable -ve stock quantity : Goto settings -> Default -> Sales default and select the option to enable billing if stock is -ve value.
Stock In Hand : This field represents the available stock. Field is automatically calculate based on Opening balance and all transaction. This field is read-only. this field displayed only for stock managed by quantity, this is not available for batchwise stock.
Adding extra information to the products
add images to the products and free quantity
Unit of measures: It helps to create split sales. there is option to add multiple units for the products and sale the product with multiple units.
Re-Order : It will help to take the decision to order/purchase the items are in below required quantity. Set low-level warnings so system will intimate while billing. Field will be used to generate the report for all items falls below the re-order level. Go to Summary Reports and select the Show only reorder quantity option to extract all items falls below reorder level.
Purchase unit : This value will be re-populated the quantity column while entering the purchase entry for this item.
Sales unit : This value will be re-populated the quantity column while entering the sales entry for this item.
Stock Value: Opening Stock value in amount. This will be used in year end report like P&L report.
In product details there are some options to create different categories, bill of materials, bundle offer and also import the data.
Options:- in this enable free quantity option, select the expiry date format and also select the stock value calculation format.
Manage Category:- Category is also acts as a groups. create different category for products and select that categories for products and also in reports you can extract the reports with category wise.
Bulk update:-update the tax, discount and selling rate for different groups in bulk and also delete the products in bulk.
Quick link:- It helps to Add images to the products and in sales screen it display the images for the products in quick link section.
Bill of Materials:- Bill of material is a list of raw materials needed for the manufacturing of end product. for creating bill of materials, open the bill of materials screen and enter name, add the source products(consumption) and target product(production) and save. it will be used in stock journal and work order.
Bundle offer:- Bundle offer means companies selling a set of products or packages in lower prices. For creating a bundle offer, open the bundle offer screen enter the name and code and add the products which should be sell in bundle and save. in sales select the bundle offer in Item(F2).
Import:- It helps to add the products in bulk. click import which opens the import tab, in that click open sample file, it opens product import sample file, enter the products as per prescribed header and save the csv file for import the products. then browse the importing file, if opening quantity is entered tick include opening quantity option and then click start import and save the imported products.
- Double click on right side "Existing Products" to edit the item.
- Delete button activate only in edit mode.
- Save button will be enabled only after entering all required field (i.e,. Landing Cost, Selling Rate, Item Name etc)
- Item associated in sales or purchase cannot deleted, system will display the proper message if tried to delete the item associated to purchase/sales invoice. Delete the associated invoice first and delete the item.
- VAT is Value added tax. Sales bill will be calculated based on percentage enter for this item
- VAT Ledger should be added in Accounting dialog box so same will be populated in Vat Ledger list. In Account screen under group 'Taxes' should be selected while creating the Tax ledgers
- Rack No is helpful to identify the location of item kept. In counter sale, it is helpful to quickly identify the location of item if you maintain the rack number.
- Before entering the Products details make sure to add relevant stock group and Unit of measures and Tax/Vat ledger.
- how to enable barcode scanning refer Enable Barcode Scanning
- Sales price scheme and multiple tax rate can be configured by visiting Settings -> Company details -> Generate setting -> "Manage sales price scheme" section. Refer here for more details.
- Tax scheme and multiple tax rate can be configured by visiting Settings -> Company details -> Generate setting ->Taxation section. Refer here for more details.
- Get the closing stock of Product Goto stock book report. This screen opening balance field used for only feeding opening balance of the Product as on start of financial year.
- Product can be imported using Import feature. System will support excel file import. Refer the sample provided excel template. System will detect only provided template, there is no additional changes is accepted in provided template.
- Opening stock field should be updated only one time when created the new company or when new financial year created. Arrival of new stock should be entered through purchase or stock ledger transaction only.
- If Batch wise tracking enabled then some of the following point should be followed.
- Batch number and Batch Date should be unique for each product. if same batch number found in different purchase then required to update the purchase date as batch date or system will auto update batch date as purchase date if batch date is blank.
- Make sure Opening balance should be entered only one time while starting financial year or first time using software. All incoming stock should be updated in Purchase so stock will be managed without any issues.
- If you changed the group from Primary to Batchwise after entering the OB and Purchase on Primary then you will get the Stock NILL issues in some case. Make sure configure proper group on starting the product entry.
Reason for Stock NILL issues
1. If you are managing the batch wise stock and while selling if you are getting stock NILL message even stock book showing proper stock then you might have done any one of the above Dont's point 1 or 2.
2. If any difference between stock book and Stock Summary then try to extract the Stock book from Starting date of financial year and Ending date of financial year and verify all transactions. There is any transaction done outside the date period selected in stock book is skipped in stock calculation so you can see the difference in stock book closing quantity or value.
Fix for Stock NILL Issues
Use the Auto Stock correction feature to fix this issue. Goto stock book -> Extract the report, Auto stock Correction option enabled. Clicking on button will fix this NILL stock issues. This button will be enabled only when batch wise stock is enabled on any products.