What is a Sales Bill?
A sales invoice can be simply defined as the request of payment by the customer for goods sold or services provided the seller. An invoice generally lists the description and the quantity of the item sold or service provided. The document is also a record of the sale for both the seller and the buyer.
Click on Sales from tool bar menu opens the Sales Invoice screen. its used to enter the Sales/Sales Return Bill
Sales return can be opened by clicking on Details(F6) in Sales screen and click sales Return button.
In this screen allows to enter all Sales related details like Customer, Bill no, Date, Item quantity sold Etc.,
Sales Entry (Ctrl+Alt+S):
1. In HOME screen, Click on Sales
2. Select the customer from Customer(F3)
3. Select the Product,
- By Enter Name, Barcode number field
- By Enter or Scan Barcode
- By Enter code
- By Enter serial number or Batch number
- By Bundle offer
4. You can also select the product by pressing Item(F2)
5. Add the Qty
6. You can select the Payment mode in Quick link
- By cash payment
- By Credit card payment
- By Cheque payment
- By Partial cash payment
6. Click on Save And Print(F7) to save the sale bill.
- Items F2: This screen will be used to search the Products and select the required Products for sale. You can use this screen for checking the stock status of items. stock in hand column will be visible only if 3 Items/rows available (i.e filter the existing items to display only 3 items/row to see the available stock)
- Customer F3: This screen will be used to search the customers.
- Transaction F4: This screen will display last 50 transaction. If you want to modify the existing sales bill then click on 'Transaction' Button will open the transaction screen. You can select the sale bill by filtering Date, customer, bill number and reference number which you want to edit will display the bill details in main sales screen.
- Refresh F5: If you want to clear all entered details then click on Refresh button will clear the sales screen.
- Details F6 : Clicking on this button will open the sales details screen as shown below.
- This screen will give the option for selecting the sales type : Default option is the sales type, If you want to enter the sales return select the Sales Return.
- Details section displays the bill no, bill date, reference no, tax, subtotal and price scheme options.
- You can give discount or discount percentage, less other or add other expenses, transportation mode, delivery charges, vehicle no and supply date in details section.
- Here you can give brokers name and coupon code and also you can import the estimation and workorder to sales screen.
- If require to add extra information, you can add it in note option. in note expand bar you can create a template and restore that template while selling.
- In this details screen print option is there, here you can select the printers for billing, bill template, you can enable print and print preview option and also you can give watermark text.
- Save and print F7: Save the Bill details with pressing the save and print button. Also it update the item stock, party ledger etc,. Bill will be generated after saving the details.
- Bill will be printed to selected printer(refer setting -> default tab -> select the bill printing printer from drop-down or in details section-> print-> select the billing printer)
- Bill format can be selected from Setting->default->invoice template gallery section.
- Bill print preview can be enabled using Setting->defaults->sales default setting.
- Item name can be edited in sales screen after adding to list, edited name saved only in selected sale bill, Product name is intact, By default this feature is disabled and it can be enabled using Setting->default->sales default setting section. This option is disabled for user who has only add new sales bill permission.
- Next to the calculator there is downward arrow, in that there is import and reset the layout option.
Importing the Sale Bill:
1. Before importing, create the Sale import template in settings->company details->general setting->File template. (refer File template section)
2. Click on Import option
3. select the Sale import template and open
4. enter details of Sale in excel sheet and save
5. Browse the Sale import file and click on start import
6. Save the imported file.
Sales bill Color coding :
Red color: Expired Item
Misty Rose color: Item will be expiring in next 10 days
light yellow color: Items reorder level reached
Selecting the customer's previous sales rate and discount for item : Right click on the item as shown below will open the "Select previous sales rate" menu. This menu will be activated only when customer selected. For Cash transaction this menu is not available.
Clicking on Select previous sales rate menu will open the popup window as shown below, This window will display all the old transaction details for selected customer. selecting any row will apply the rate and discount for current transactions.
Sales Return Entry (Ctrl+Alt+S) F6:
1. Click on Details(F6) and select Sales return
2. Select the customer from Customer(F3)
3. Select the product from Item(F2)
4. Enter qty
5. Click on save and print(F7) to save the bill
Converting sales bill to sales return bill :
If required to generate the sales return from already saved sales bill then open the sales bill in edit mode, goto Details button, click on "Sales Return" button will prompt to convert bill to sales return, Click on Yes option to convert saved sales bill to sales return format. Click on Save button to save the sales return. This feature will help to avoid re-entering all items again if some customer return the particular sales bill.
Click on button or Shortcut key (Ctrl+Space) to activate the cash return calculation. This option helpful in POS terminal to calculate the cash return amount based on net amount.
- Clicking on Save and print(F7) button will save the data and bill will be printed.
- Edit the existing sales bill, click on Transactions button and select the sales bill to open sales bill in amend mode.
- Delete the sales bill, open the sales bill in edit mode will enable the "Delete sales" bill button at quick link section available at left top corner
- Configure the bill printing printer goto Settings -> default -> sales ledger default setting screen.
- Enable to Sales button goto Product entry screen and click on 'Quick link' button to configure the image and name to display the sales button on Quick Link section.
- payment mode configuration screen help to add/remove the quick link payment type buttons.
- Multiple sales bill delete option provided in Transaction screen, Select multiple search result will enable button to Delete all selected rows.
- If you set the sales Qty in products details->extra info as Zero, then while adding the product in sales cursor will goto edit qty column always. Default number will set to 1 in products screen-> extra info so qty editing will be manual, need to enter Ctrl+Q in case if qty edit is required.
- When adding the same product then qty will be auto increased if there is no changes in rate. Use Ctrl+Alt+I shortcut key to add to new row when add item or toggle the choice.
- If want to add extra information, you can add in details->note section.
- How to amend the sales bill already saved ? : Click on Transaction button will open the window to select the old sales transaction. Search old transaction and select for amend the sales.
- How to enter the sales return? : Click on Details button and select the Sales return button to start sales return.
- How to enter credit transaction : Click on Customer button to select the customer. Click on Credit Transaction button from left side Quick Link section.
- How to track bill wise balance : Go to customer and select the "Maintain Bill wise balance" check box. henceforth all sales bill will be tracked, When customer pay the amount, go to Voucher -> Receipt, select the customer, System will asked for which bill need to deduct the received amount. Detailed report can be generated using Reports -> due bill reports.
- How to enter Item's Selling rate ? : Go to Products, enter the selling rate, To configure the multiple selling rate and tax goto Settings -> Company details -> "Manage sales price scheme and Tax" section. Refer here for more details.
- How to configure the tax : Tax for item can be configured at Product section. Refer here for more details.
- How to edit the sales bill template? : Software support editing the report using Manage Reports section
- InventoryPlus comes with 6 billing template, Select the template goto settings -> Default -> Invoice template gallery
- How to Hold the bill and continue with printing different bill when customer in queue? In Quick link section there is button called "New Sales", This will bring up new sales screen, Enter the sales and save will close the window where are already entered product details in main windows will be remain.
- How to enable selling rate should be grater then Landing Cost validation while selling? Create new User and Assign the Role "sales Add new Bill" and "Enable Selling rate >= Landing Cost validation"
- How to update the rate by store manager when counter sales role user using the terminal (Sales Add new bill role user not able to edit the selling rate)? When users logged in with "Sales Add new bill" role then click on Unlock button, System will ask to enter the user name and password. Enter the admin user credential and click on validate button will give the full permission to enter the rate and discount, Once after saving the sales or click on Refresh button will reset the admin permission. Unlock button will be enabled for only counter sales user role only. Click on Lock button will lock the admin permission for counter sales user if required.